Quirky Grandma's Self-Improvement: Should Facebook Use Its Interface to Prevent Suicide?

Talking Can Help

suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Should Facebook Use Its Interface to Prevent Suicide?

I found this article on Bing News. Personally, I am all for anything to help prevent suicide. I believe that the benefits outweigh the negatives here. Sure it could be misused but if it prevents just one person from taking their lives prematurely, it will be worth it.
In 2013, hours before 16-year-old Adrian Alvaresz killed himself during lunchtime in the courtyard of his high school in Texas, he posted a warning on Facebook: "I don't know if this is going to affect people or if ya'll are even going to care but...

Newsweek - Saturday, February 28, 2015

Read the full article at:

What do you think? Is this a good idea or is it an invasion of privacy?

Sent from my Windows Phone


Subscribe%20To%20Quirky%20Snippets

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Value Your Opinion